Monday, July 11, 2011

Grandma Tommy's Cherry Pie

So first, I know this is late, I forgot >__> I blame my ADHD. (insert Jilli saying "excuses" :D) Okay, so on Saturday my family and I went up to Sturgeon Bay to visit the grave sites of my great grandma Rose (whom I'm named after, my middle name is Rose), my grandma Sandy (my mom's mom)

And her parents and great grandparents. I can't remember their names at this time, and I never got to meet any of them when they were living, sadly. But I have a "sensitivity" to the spirit's of the deceased, my third eye was opened when I started practicing Paganism, and though I didn't see them I felt their presence and felt happy to finally have met them. They were from my mother's side I should add.

Okay, enough of the sadness. When we were done at the cemetery it was around 1-ish and my uncle suggested we eat at the Ship Wreak restaurant near Egg Harbor -he had prior engagements with my aunt's parents who were celebrating their birthday. So we traveled down... or up... I'm not quite sure if Egg Harbor was north or south of Sturgeon Bay... To the restaurant. But on the way there, my dad saw a sign for Casey's BBQ and Smokehouse(my parents had eaten there before) and my mom was like "WE NEED TO GO THERE AGAIN!" Luckily Ship Wreak was really busy and Casey's was not.

They have the best BBQ, if you love BBQ, frakking go there, you'll thank me.
We cleaned our plates, it was so good! Just, ugh, you'll love it, I'm salivating thinking about it haha. *drooool*

Yeah, the bronze pig infront of Casey's, I sat on it. :D

So we're all pretty much stuffed to the point of bursting, but we all agreed that we needed pie. We're all on the look out for someplace with pie. We stop at a few stores, I got this awesome necklace with a fop watch on it that actually works and looks Wonderland-ish :D But I'm sad I forgot to put it on today, frak, I made a mental note to myself and everything. I even saw it today >__> Anywho, so after that we're driving along and we see a sign for Grandma Tommy's (sort of like a general store) and our curiosity got the best of us going "Why is Grandma named Tommy?" "Does she have pie?" "Okay, we're gonna see if they have pie there." SUCCESS! There is indeed pie sold there, and ice cream, but we just wanted pie. We got single slices of cherry pie in little travel containers and ate it in the car. And my dad and I being the dirty minded people we are, were snickering and making cherry pie jokes.

That's about it. Thank you for your attention. So long, be safe, eat bagels.

Also, I love you Jilli <3

No comments:

Post a Comment