Friday, July 29, 2011

Like a Boss

So I'm sitting in Paradigm, a local coffee spot, sort of new age-y and just an awesome place to hang out. For my final essay I have to write about an experience. Not one that I've already had since that's basically a narrative and we've already done those, but we go have an experience and write about it. My experience? Gender bending. For those of you who may not know, gender bending is where you dress, act, and portray yourself as the opposite sex.

I do this on a fairly regular basis actually, but not to the extreme I am now. I bind my chest, wear mens clothes, but answer to Emily, use female terms (her, she, etc.) and use the women's rest room. But now, EVERYTHING is male. Only answering to Devin, using male terms, and the mens bathroom. And I'm pretty damn successful, I've seen four people I know so far that haven't even recognized me. I feel accomplished.

I have recently come to describe myself as an gender androgynous female. Tomboy doesn't cut it for me. I like being male, I like being female... sometimes. And I'm not transgender. So first blog from Devin. *grins* I might make this a regular thing too. So fair warning to readers.

This is not a paragraph. I am not on my ADHD meds. I need to get home to feed the cats. Three sentences is a paragraph, technically..... TEA!

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. It is very nice to meet you Devin. I would love to hear more about your experiences in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete